Recommended 5" capacitive touchscreen

ad_w00000

Hi,

I would like to make a portable mini pc. I was a windows person but I rather like linux(armbian) now. Yes a noob for linux. At the moment I have an Asus Tinkerboard S and am using Armbian Stretch. Please, what 5" capacitive screen will work smoothly with the current setup?

Thanks

AD

1 hour ago, Igor said:

https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/

Scroll down and there is one among "Tested 3rd party hardware". 5" variant from the same maker should also work OOB.

HI Igor,

Many Thanks for your quick answer. Yes I saw that earlier. But with the amount of problems of people having with touch screen with armbian and tinkerboad. I wanted to know if anyone was successful with a 5" capacitive touchscreen. I know some manufacturers claim plug and play but I havn't managed to find a tried and tested result. I have contacted them too without success.

By the way. On the link you gave me there is 7" but they don't seem to have a 5" capacitive TS.

AND I want to give you my respect on the amount of work and effort you are doing for helping us out!

25 minutes ago, ad_w00000 said:

On the link you gave me there is 7" but they don't seem to have a 5" capacitive TS.

Yes. I have this 7" around and it works. For 5" do some (extensive) forum searching if someone is using it to make sure before you buy.

P.S.
You are welcome.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, Igor said:

For 5" do some (extensive) forum searching if someone is using it to make sure before you buy.

You can get 5" with the same hdmi and touch controller as the 7", I think also from Waveshare.

Hi there is a 5" equivelant 5inch HDMI LCD (H). I just got it. screen starts up fine bit small but correctable. touch screen doesn't work. any pointers?

OK It works single touch. changed the useb cable.

I guess you can add this 5" to your compatible list. Any particular tests you want me to do for armbian and tinkerbaord to be sure its compatible?

Edited by ad_w00000
update