NanoPi R1 support?

otlabs

Hi!

Just saw a new board from FriendlyARM - NanoPi R1 (https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=248).

It based on Allwinner H3, has dual Ethernet port, wi-fi and Bluetooth, USB, and onboard eMMC. Memory options are 512MB or 1GB. It comes in a case, just add power supply.

Looks quite fun SBC for IoT and for micro router.

I was unable to find Armbian images for this board.

Could you please comment if is it possible to use images for other Allwinner H3 boards? Do you have any plans to support this board? Thank you in advance for your comments!

25 minutes ago, otlabs said:

Could you please comment if is it possible to use images for other Allwinner H3 boards? Do you have any plans to support this board? Thank you in advance for your comments!

try nano pi neo air image... looks like has same wifi chipset

Friendly Arm has the worst support ever seen on R1 product. Only a poor wiki. Bad. Don´t buy it.  

I have tried in many ways to get a consistent response from support to burn a firmware in the emmc. The only thing they repeated every time was "look at the wiki". And the information there is very inconsistent. I think it's a good product but I won't buy more until they think about improving support.

10 hours ago, German said:

until they think about improving support.

What if your expectations are too high?

Armbian doesn't sell hardware which means we didn't make not a single dollar before you came and download software we develop, maintain and provide for free. Do you have an idea how much costs "you" create to us because "you" are incompetent/too lazy to RTFM to use Debian/GNU Linux? There is a constant flow of support questions on this forum and on private channels, where your questions mainly goes directly to /dev/null since processing them leads directly to bankruptcy/insanity.

They told you where to look for info even we have machines such as Google which helps us finding things.