I2S interface on H6

akash

Hi all,

Recently i have purchased an orange pi lite2 board(H6) for codec audio streaming.I would like to establish the interface between Orange pi Lite 2 (H6) and AC108(codec board) for audio recording.I have downloaded Android source code and start making changes in Fex file, but couldn't get any luck.

I am confusing in which I2S driver need to be used for H6 to communicate with codec (AC108). I am totally new to orange pi boards.

so, please clarify following doubts...

1).which i2s driver needs to be map with codec(AC108) driver?

2).what all changes are required in Fex file?

3).How to set sysclk, clkdiv, fmt ?

Please clarify above doubts.

regards

akash.

Hi Akash

This forum only focuses on mainline kernels, not the vendor provided kernels.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there  are any plans for i2s on the Allwinner Kernel Mainling Project page.

Maybe you'll have better luck on the orange pi forums or perhaps you can assist the sunxi project with getting i2s to mainline.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:09 AM, jernej said:

Actually I already make it work on mainline: https://github.com/jernejsk/linux-1/commits/h6_i2s But I didn't sent patches yet, because DMA patches (pre-requirement) are still pending.

Hi Jernej,

I am also trying to make AC108 to work with All winner H6. Can you please share me the exact patches required to add support for AC108. Can you also please share if any relevant documents are there.

Edited by LEARNER

1 hour ago, LEARNER said:

Hi Jernej,

I am also trying to make AC108 to work with All winner H6. Can you please share me the exact patches required to add support for AC108. Can you also please share if any relevant documents are there.

Details :

INFO: chip: sun50iw6p1
INFO: platform: android 7.x
INFO: kernel: linux-3.10
INFO: arch: arm64

Sorry, no. I never worked with AC108, 3.10 kernel or Android on Allwinner boards. Just mainline kernel (currently 5.7), proper Linux (no Android) and only codec I have experience with is DW-HDMI for audio over HDMI.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, akash said:

Hi all,

Recently i have purchased an orange pi lite2 board(H6) for codec audio streaming.I would like to establish the interface between Orange pi Lite 2 (H6) and AC108(codec board) for audio recording.I have downloaded Android source code and start making changes in Fex file, but couldn't get any luck.

I am confusing in which I2S driver need to be used for H6 to communicate with codec (AC108). I am totally new to orange pi boards.

so, please clarify following doubts...

1).which i2s driver needs to be map with codec(AC108) driver?

2).what all changes are required in Fex file?

3).How to set sysclk, clkdiv, fmt ?

Please clarify above doubts.

regards

akash.

Hi Akash,

were you able to make AC108 work with All winner H6?
I am also trying to do the same ( platform - Android 7.x; kernel-linux-3.10; arch-arm64; chip- sun50iw6p1 ). Can you please share me the driver files and details required.