Switching Meson64-DEV to 5.0.y ...

I've done an experimental build of 5.0.y for my NanoPiK2.

It seems that most of the current rejected patches are simply not needed anymore.

The only thing I'm not sure what to do is in patch 0038-media-meson-add-v4l2-m2m-video-decoder-driver.patch.

I've comment out this line since it seems that v4l2 API has changed :

//    .vidioc_cropcap = vdec_cropcap,

If some of you are more familiar, please, give some help here.

Should I proceed to the commits ?

@martinayotte the patches come from Neil's yocto recipes, let me take a look (been preoccupied, and to be honest I usually don't chase the dev kernels that hard until an lts is on the horizon).

Anything unneeded of course can be removed, for the V4L, @JMCC may be more useful, I'm not sure we've gotten that to work properly yet 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, TonyMac32 said:

the V4L

In the current state (or rather, as it was a month or so ago, when I was testing it), the v4l2 driver is of very little use: it could only decode h264 and mpeg2 at 1080p, which the SoC can also do via software decoding. I guess there must be some improvements over the version we were using, since I saw some demo on YouTube where they were playing 4K content with a LePotato, but still with several limitations (like no seeking in the video).

So IMO, the v4l2 driver we were using is not mature enough yet to deserve much attention from the practical point of view. So I don't think it should be a decisive factor for the decision about changing the kernel source.

(However, it looks like the decision has already been made. Fine) :)