Stretch with OrangePi +2e

Carlos

Hi

I would like to run my OrangePi +2e with absolute minimum power consumption ie no display, no wifi, reduced clock speed, etc.

I only really need ethernet and USB function.

When I first set the OrangePi +2e up I ran Armbian Jessie and there was a package that I downloaded from one of the forums that allowed me to manage such things. I can not find this package again. I don't know if it would work with Stretch.

The Armbian Config might do this instead?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Carlos

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Hi

I would like to run my OrangePi +2e with absolute minimum power consumption ie no display, no wifi, reduced clock speed, etc.

I only really need ethernet and USB function.

When I first set the OrangePi +2e up I ran Armbian Jessie and there was a package that I downloaded from one of the forums that allowed me to manage such things. I can not find this package again. I don't know if it would work with Stretch.

The Armbian Config might do this instead?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Carlos

Not sure what that package was..and other than disabling some services probably not much in armbian-config

but theres many sermons from tkaiser that touch on efficiency 

I think you're looking for the h3consumption tool that allows/allowed you to turn on/off various peripheral support to control power usage.

The issue isn't that it's tied to the version of userspace (eg. stretch), but rather that it only worked with the legacy (3.4.x) kernel