Any SBCs supporting USB 3 OTG (device mode) beyond rk3399 boards?

twarfel

If this is the wrong place to ask, please feel free to redirect me to another location.

I'm thinking about using an SBC to create an application-specific coprocessor.  A laptop would stream h.264/h.265 2kx2.5k yuv420p compressed video thru USB to the SBC (functioning as a USB gadget with separate power supply) and the SBC would decompress the video frames, apply a sequence of affine transforms to each (decompressed) image, and stream the warped, decompressed images back to the host.  This would use the SBC hardware-assisted VPU decompression and GPU for warp processing, and the Arm CPU side would manage the YUV420p-RGB conversion and buffered super-speed USB transfers.

To minimize transfer latency, I'd prefer to use some flavor of USB 3 for the host-to-SBC communication.

Looking around, while I see many boards with USB 3.0, 3.1, and a few claiming 3.2 host support, most of the OTG USB ports (which can operate in device mode) only appear to work as USB 2 ports.

I've seen several rx3399 boards which claim USB 3 OTG support (suck as Rock Pi 4a/c, and the Rock Pi X cherry trail board), but apart from a few other rx3399 boards (and that one Rock pi X cherry trail board), I haven't seen any other SBCs with USB 3 OTG.

I'm curious; have you seen other SBCs (available) that support USB 3 device mode (or OTG that are capable of device mode) apart from those built on the rk3399 chip?

(I guess another alternative might be to use a usb3-to-5gigabit ethernet adapter on the SBC and another on the laptop.)

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

-Tom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.