gpg public key problems and forum outage.

bad_img

I'm putting this here because I'm not sure where else - mods please forgive me if wrong.

The instructions say

# download public key from the database
gpg --keyserver ha.pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-key DF00FAF1C577104B50BF1D0093D6889F9F0E78D5

but sks-keyservers have apparently closed.

I found 3 alternatives:

• pgp.mit.edu - searching with fingerprint doesn't work. "igor.pecovnik@gmail.com" does. Good key, couple of other sigs on it. Can we update the Armbian website to this?
  • Index apt-Armbian, mirrors (e.g. I am probably not naming it right) - I only found these sites (index pages, really), when I clicked on a DDG search result labelled igorpecovnik.com while using my VPN. (See below). In any case, these mirrors offer "armbian.key". I compared 3 mirrors and all provided keys with the same signature.
  • keys.openpgp.org, but its problematic. Search by igor.pecovnik@gmail.com doesn't work, but fingerprint does. Its a very short .asc file. There is absolutely no biographical info attached to that key, on the web interface or the file:
$ gpg --show-keys Downloads/DF00FAF1C577104B50BF1D0093D6889F9F0E78D5.asc
pub   rsa4096 2015-03-16 [SCEA]
      DF00FAF1C577104B50BF1D0093D6889F9F0E78D5
sub   rsa4096 2015-03-16 [E]

I'm not as fluent with gpg as I'd like, but this has taken over a day for me to figure out. It could be easily corrected in the documentation to save others the hassle.

I'd like to know what's happening with the "magic redirect" to apt-Armbian via Igor's page. It only happened using my VPN: search DDG with "Igor Pecovnik", igorpecovnik.com is the first hit, click -> apt-Armbian index on a mirror. Everything is legitimate there?

Changing VPN exit nodes just changed apt-Armbian mirrors. Without the VPN the browser loads up Igor's blog page, as you would expect. I sometimes get Firefox complaining about a bad certificate, but I think that's the VPN connections. Not all mirrors seem to offer https connections (e.g. http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/armbian-apt/) - is that adequate for key exchange and OS?

Also, I noticed that these forum pages were misformatted for about 24 hours yesterday. They would load, but all the bits were in the wrong places - javascript blockers didn't seem to be important. I finally hit an upgrade notice last night, but there's nothing on status.armbian.com that I can interpret. Is that just me? Now the forum loads fine.

Edited by bad_img
forgot something. clarity.

• bad_img changed the title to gpg public key problems and forum outage.

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.