Add hwclock to OdroidHC4 armbian-config?

Hi all,

Please excuse what you may feel is an ignorant question.  I may not be posting in the right forum topic, but I'm a newbe struggling to ditch the tyranny of Windows after 40 years and move over to Linux.

This is my first use of an Armbian image.  I have OMV 5 installed on OdroidHC4 using Debian 10 Buster and am trying to activate hwclock to support system suspend states.  The HardKernal site specifically says the board capable of this and OMV has appropriate supporting menu options.  I've added the RTC shield pcf8563 hardware (with a good battery), but like so many I've not been able to get the system to recognize the clock on RTC0; it times out waiting for a tick.

I've spent days searching forums, including this one, and attempting the hacks suggested without success.  From what I've read the kernel is supposed to have pcf8563 integrated into it, but some posts say that Armbian has blocked it in some manner.  I've used armbian-config to modify the boot environment with pcf8563 overlay entries, as suggested here and elsewhere, without success.

Two requests:

1) Since the OdroidHC4 board is fully supported by Armbian, could the installation/configuration be added to armbian-config, since the RTC shield is such a basic need?  The various online forums are full of people struggling with this issue, generically.

2) If not, could someone post THE fix to installing a hwclock that will work with the pcf8563 shield without having to decompile, edit, and recompile code that I don't have enough experience (yet) to understand?  Even editing some of the basic new_device files isn't possible since permission is denied, even from 'root'.

I'm happy to supply any and all requests for system status and error messages for my particular issue, but I thought I would post a blanket request to fix the broader issue and stop so many folks from having to constantly revisit it.

Thank you (in advance) for your time.  Again, I apologize if I've not conformed to some unwritten protocols the I'm not aware of.  I'm just trying to fix my box and help others, too.

Dan  :-)