Wifi Hotspot failed in nanopi R2S

raki

I am new to armbian and R2S, and would like to ask for guides of the way to set up hotspot.

With some searching, I installed 22.02 Focal in R2S and tried to set up the WiFi hotspot via armbian-config.

With the default SSID of AP mode in armbian-config, my device could find a WiFi network called ARMBIAN, but I cound not connect to it due to 'wrong password', although I typed in the default password 12345678 correctly. 

The armbian-config interface showed that my USB wifi adapter has got a chip of rtl8821cu.

However, the lsusb command returned a different information of the wifi adapter, as shown below.

root@nanopi-r2s:~# lsusb

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:c811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac NIC

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I previously succeeded in setting up the hotspot in the ubuntu core OS of friendlycore, so I guess my hard devices are fine and there should be something wrong in my software settings.

Thus, I would like to ask for guides of setting up the hotspot in R2S and armbian. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.