[Armbian build PR] - rockchip64: remove inno-usb3 rk3328 driver from EDGE kernel

RSS Bot

Description

As long as the rockchip-inno-usb3 phy driver has been removed from current kernel, remove it from edge kernel as well. This affects only rk3328 devices, but so far none of them has enabled the driver except roc-pc and station-m1; station-m1 dts file has been removed since it does not appear in CURRENT kernel patch directory, roc-pc device tree has been adapted.

So far I tested the phy driver a bit going into the OTG journey. It turned out that does not work at all with the dwc3 USB3 core driver;

The phy driver presence is somewhat necessary to attach the proper OTG vbus regulator for OTG function, thus removing the driver will probably hinder future OTG functionality; on the opposite side, enabling the phy driver in device tree breaks regular HOST functionality (the kernel does not see any USB3 device anymore...), so I guess it is probably better to remove it at all.

Jira reference number AR-1267

How Has This Been Tested?

• [x] Built deb packages successfully

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [x] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines