[CNX-Software] - Rock 5B RK3588 SBC preview – What works, what doesn’t in Debian 11

RSS Bot

Rock 5B review Debian 11

I’ve recently received an early sample of Radxa ROCK5 Model B (aka ROCK 5B) SBC part of the “Developer Edition” batch with 16GB RAM, and already showed the hardware and it booting successfully in Debian 11. I’ve now spent more time with the board, and as part of the “debug party” tested performance and features in Debian 11. As one would expect, some things work OK, but others still need improvement. Rock 5B benchmarks Let’s run some benchmarks on the board to test performance and stability starting with SBC Bench script: [crayon-62d8044186f4a828060917/] If you look at the full results, you’ll notice the Cortex-A76 cores on my board are only clocked at up to 2,304 MHz, instead of the 2.4GHz advertiser, and we’ve already looked as to why in your post about PTVM. So that just means they are some RK3588 processors may be very slightly faster or slower due to [...]

The post Rock 5B RK3588 SBC preview – What works, what doesn’t in Debian 11 appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines