How to restore a system from an image?

Mikhail_ko

I'll answer myself. Downloading from the recorded Armbian 22.11 SD card into the bullseye did not work. The download from the nanopi-neo-core_eflasher_friendlycore-xenial_4.14_armhf_20210425.img SD card occurred immediately. It's a mystery to me.
From one message I took the command: ssh root@<ip_board_to_be_backup> "dd if=/dev/mmcblk1" / dd of=backup_image.img bs=100M
I made an image on a PC. Copied to a USB flash.
Launched the recovery command (having previously mounted in /mnt) : sudo dd if=/mnt/usb/backup_image.img of=/dev/mmcblk1
Rebooted the device to boot from mmc. There were errors with "root file system", "flags", "superblock".
Launched the fix: fsck -y -b 32768 /dev/mmcblk2p1 (without sudo). Yes, the mmc disk names are different. Who knows the reason, explain.
After that, everything worked (just cloning dd does not work)

I had the same issue with Nano Pi Neo Core, having shipped with Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS from FriendlyArm and U-Boot SPL 2017.11 on flash.

It seems that this version of U-Boot has a bug that does not allow you to boot newer OS from SD card.

I have updated the U-Boot by booting Armbian_21.02.1_Nanopineo_bionic from SD card and running armbian-config and installing the OS to flash and updating U-Boot.

Now I have U-Boot SPL 2020.10-armbian. While this is Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS, I'm still unable to run the latest Armbian (Armbian 22.11 Bullseye or Armbian 22.11 Jammy).