[CNX-Software] - Linux 6.1 LTS release – Main changes, Arm, RISC-V and MIPS architectures

RSS Bot

Linux 6.1 LTS

Linus Torvalds announced the release of Linux 6.1, an LTS kernel, last Sunday: So here we are, a week late, but last week was nice and slow, and I’m much happier about the state of 6.1 than I was a couple of weeks ago when things didn’t seem to be slowing down. Of course, that means that now we have the merge window from hell, just before the holidays, with me having some pre-holiday travel coming up too. So while delaying things for a week was the right thing to do, it does make the timing for the 6.2 merge window awkward. That said, I’m happy to report that people seem to have taken that to heart, and I already have two dozen pull requests pending for tomorrow in my inbox. And hopefully I’ll get another batch overnight, so that I can try to really get as much of the [...]

The post Linux 6.1 LTS release – Main changes, Arm, RISC-V and MIPS architectures appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines