[CNX-Software] - Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 review – HDR, autofocus, wide angle, and NoIR camera

RSS Bot

Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 review

A few days before launching the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 with HDR and autofocus, Raspberry Pi Trading asked me whether I would be interested in reviewing the new modules, and sent me three samples: the standard module, the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 Wide, as well as the NoIR version that lacks an IR filter and is better suited for night shots. It took a full week for DHL to send the package to my house, but I’ve now had time to review the new Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3, mostly with libcamera, but also Picamera2, focusing on the new features such as HDR, autofocus, and wide angle. I also had a quick try at the Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 NoIR but without IR lights. Regular readers know I had already made some DIY camera mounts using empty gum bottles, and I just replaced the Lotte XYLITOL stickers [...]

The post Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 review – HDR, autofocus, wide angle, and NoIR camera appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines