[Armbian build PR] - OrangePi Zero TV Output kernel patch

RSS Bot

Description

OrangePi kernel patched to enable TV Output on OrangePi Zero (LTE).

Changes made according: https://github.com/robertojguerra/orangepi-zero-full-setup/blob/main/README2.md 7.3 Add the TV encoder driver to the Linux kernel source sunxi-6.1/0036-wip-h3-h5-cvbs-armbian.patch : makes additions to the "dts", which tells the kernel where are the new devices. Adds kernel code to interact with the tv encoder. With my modifications, now it is applicable to Armbian (this patch came from the LibreElec github). sunxi-6.1/zzzz2-tv.patch : by Armbian user "gleam2003", adds directives to make sure that the dtbo (device tree binary overlay) is compiled sunxi-6.1/zzzz3-tv.patch : more additions to the "dts" and "dtsi" (like C include files), which I noticed were included in "yam" patch, but missing from the LibreElec patch

All merged into one patch file arm-dts-sun8i-h3-orangepizero-add_tve.patch

AR-1660 OrangePi Zero (LTS) TV output not working [PATCHing needed]

How Has This Been Tested?

1. Image compiled using: ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepizero BRANCH=current RELEASE=bullseye BUILD_MINIMAL=yes BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no COMPRESS_OUTPUTIMAGE=sha,img
  2. Image flashed to SD card
  3. OrangePi Zero LTE booted with image
  4. TV Output checked on monitor with RCA video input

Checklist:

• [ ] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [ ] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [ ] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines