pine64+ preemptible kernel

Learnincurve

Hi again,

For a dedicated digital audio system (squeezebox) I would like to set up my Pine64 board with a preemptible kernel.

I have been trying to use the  procedure from

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

to build a patched 3.10.104 kernel using the RT patch from:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.10/ 

patch-3.10.104-rt117 patch set

The patches are applied successfully by the script, but break a number of things so the kernel doesn't compile.

A number of the problems are linked to ip tunnelling, which I simply removed from the config as my system won't need them, but now I'm hitting:

MODPOST vmlinux.o                                                                                                                              │  
  │ WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).                                                                                                  │  
  │ To see full details build your kernel with:                                                                                                      │  
  │ 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'                                                                                                           │  
  │   GEN     .version                                                                                                                               │  
  │   CHK     include/generated/compile.h                                                                                                            │  
  │   UPD     include/generated/compile.h                                                                                                            │  
  │   CC      init/version.o                                                                                                                         │  
  │   LD      init/built-in.o                                                                                                                        │  
  │ drivers/built-in.o: In function `mbus_pmu_remove':                                                                                               │  
  │ arisc_dram_crc.c:(.text+0x1d38): undefined reference to `hwmon_device_unregister'                                                                │  
  │ arisc_dram_crc.c:(.text+0x1d38): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `hwmon_device_unregister'                │  
  │ drivers/built-in.o: In function `mbus_pmu_probe':    

which looks harder to fix.

Can anyone help by pointing to a RT patch set that is better suited to the A64?

BR.

--Marius--

To answer my first question (and ask another):

CONFIG_HWMON was set to be a loadable module. I chenged it to compile in ( CONFIG_HWMON=y ) and the build went through.

BUT, now I'm facing a new issue with the script.

'

at the end of the build process, it loks as if the deb package is not being built:

...  │   INSTALL include/asm (35 files)                                                                                                                                                                   │  
  │ /home/marius/temp/sources/linux-pine64/pine64-hacks-1.2/scripts/package/Makefile:90: recipe for target 'deb-pkg' failed                                                                            â”‚  
  │ make[1]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 1                                                                                                                                                                     │  
  │ Makefile:1082: recipe for target 'deb-pkg' failed                                                                                                                                                  â”‚  
  │ make: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2                                                                                                                                                                        â”‚  
  └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘  

mv: cannot stat '*.deb': No such file or directory
[ error ] ERROR in function compile_kernel [ common.sh:273 ]
[ error ] Failed moving kernel DEBs 
[ o.k. ] Process terminated ...

Looking at common.sh line 273 (last line) I see:

# produce deb packages: image, headers, firmware, dtb        eval CCACHE_BASEDIR="$(pwd)" ${toolchain:+env PATH=$toolchain:$PATH} \
                'make -j1 $KERNEL_PACKING KDEB_PKGVERSION=$REVISION LOCALVERSION="-"$LINUXFAMILY \
                KBUILD_DEBARCH=$ARCH ARCH=$ARCHITECTURE DEBFULLNAME="$MAINTAINER" DEBEMAIL="$MAINTAINERMAIL" CROSS_COMPILE="$CCACHE $KERNEL_COMPILER" 2>&1' \
                ${PROGRESS_LOG_TO_FILE:+' | tee -a $DEST/debug/compilation.log'} \
                ${OUTPUT_DIALOG:+' | dialog --backtitle "$backtitle" --progressbox "Creating kernel packages..." $TTY_Y $TTY_X'} \
                ${OUTPUT_VERYSILENT:+' >/dev/null 2>/dev/null'}

cd ..
        mv *.deb $DEST/debs/ || exit_with_error "Failed moving kernel DEBs"

Any way to try running gthe script from that point with some extra debugging....to see why it's breaking?

BR.