Odroid C4 is using HC4 dtb and odroidhc4 packages

spleeth

Hello

I'm running debian bullseye on an Odroid C4 since quite some time now and decided it was a good time to upgrade to bookworm.

When I first installed armbian on this board, I remember that I had to install the Odroid HC4 image. If I'm not mistaking, there were no C4 image at the time.

After upgrading my current bullseye firmware with armbian-config ( and by passing the SSD issue described in this armbian forum post by hot plugging it ), I noticed that /boot/armbianEnv.txt had this line:

fdtfile=amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-hc4.dtb

whereas the amlogic/meson-sm1-odroid-c4.dtb file exists in the /boot/dtb directory.

Despite having read that HC4 and C4 were the same board with few differences, dtdiff shows a lot of settings differ between the dtb of the two boards.

Similarly, I notice that a bunch of *odroidc4 packages are now present in the repository that I don't remember having seen when I first installed armbian.

So before upgrading to bookworm, I was wondering if it would be a good or bad idea to modify the armbianEnv.txt in order to use the C4 dtb, and replace the *odroidhc4 packages by their *odroidc4 equivalents.

Did someone already try these changes ?

Does someone see any issue with applying this changes ?

Will there be other changes to apply in order to fully migrate from the initial HC4 configuration to a possibly more appropriate C4 configuration ?

Thanks for your time and answers.