orange pi zero 3: No hdmi signal

p789

Hi,

I am having problems connecting my orange pi zero 3 to my TV via hdmi: No matter what I try the TV reports "no signal".

Before I came to armbian I have tried the vendor-supplied debian and arch images and could not get hdmi output on any of them, so it might be that my micro-hdmi adapter is faulty or that the hdmi-port on the device itself is faulty, but over the weekend I cannot replace any hardware so I thought I try here to see if anyone has an idea on what to try.

The image I am currently running is Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.58_Orangepizero3_jammy_current_6.6.17_gnome_desktop.img.

When I log into the device I can see that an Xorg process is running. xrandr produces this output:

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
HDMI-1 connected primary 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768      60.00* 
   800x600       60.32    56.25  
   848x480       60.00  
   640x480       59.94  

When I disconnect the hdmi-cable xrandr reports "HDMI-1 disconnected", so at least a little bit of hdmi-functionality is there...

The device is connected via an micro-hdmi adapter and a hdmi-cable, I have checked the hdmi-cable but I do not have another adapter nor do I have another micro-hdmi device, so unfortunately I cannot test the adapter.

What I have noticed is that (at least sometimes) the device seems to lose network-connectivity (ethernet) when the hdmi-cable is connected - and regains connectivity as soon as the hdmi-cable is disconnected, so there seems to be some conflict between hdmi and ethernet.

I do not know where the display modes come from that xrandr displays as the TV is a 4k model that supports a lot more modes.

So my question is: Is there anything I could try to get hdmi working or at least to narrow down the problem?