Build Module without source code?

bfall17

I am working with a Hummingboard that has the 3.14.14-cubox-I kernel on it (was given to me with that version on it). I need to add a module (specifically g_hid.ko HID Gadget Module) which was not initially activated in the kernel build. I’ve tried making the module from the git repository (https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib) and succeeded in building it, but it does not work on my hummingboard as a the module has vermagic of 3.14.14+ while my hummingboard has 3.14.14-cubox-i. I know I could just flash this new kernel onto my device, but I have some customization in place all ready so I would like to avoid that.

So I am looking for help as to how I can get source code for 3.14.14-cubox-I or in general how I can build a module with that specific kernel version when I only have the raw image for it. Is there a way to build it right from my hummingboard with said version? Or must it be built on my linux machine then moved to the hummingboard?

Or better yet, can I just be provided with the g_hid.ko module for that specific kernel J.