[Armbian build PR] - Integrate `media` boards into the `rockchip64` family

RSS Bot

Description

The media board family was long abandoned and most boards that formerly were using this board family already switched to rockchip64 or rk3588. @rpardini recently mentioned being in favor of getting rid of this kernel: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/6717#discussion_r1632321571

Integrate the last remaining boards into rockchip64 and remove the media board family, including its kernel.

GitHub issue reference: https://github.com/armbian/build/issues/6821 Jira reference number AR-2392

How Has This Been Tested?

• [x] ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=quartz64a BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie
  • [x] ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=quartz64b BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie
  • [x] ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=station-m1 BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie
  • [x] ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=station-p2 BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie
  • [x] ./compile.sh kernel BOARD=station-p2 BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie
  • [x] ./compile.sh uboot BOARD=firefly-itx-3588j BRANCH=edge BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no EXPERT=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=trixie

@SeeleVolleri You can test the Firefly if you like. Your board was using the abandoned U-Boot from the media family. But it should work same as before :)

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines