Orange Pi Zero 2 suddenly dead

Hello,

I've been using OPiZ2 for about 2 years as Pi-hole in gravity-sync with another one (Orange Pi 3 LTS running Open Media Vault with no problem).

Today I found out it was dead, no connection and just a blank screen. It must have happened in the past few days, because I checked it on sunday and it was up and running.

I'm almost sure I was using it with Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Orangepizero2_sid_edge_6.0.6.

i have extracted the sd card and checked it on Windows with Diskinternals reader and Minitool Partition Wizard, no problem found.

The most recent files and folders have been modified on 2024-07-12, eleven days ago, much prior to my checking, so there is no info about the last hours/days.

When I first installed Armbian, I used a version that would brick the OpiZ2 with apt upgrade, but a long time has passed and I don't remember if that issue was fixed.

Now, can I somehow resuscitate this install? If not, can I clone/recover at least the pi-hole/unbound/gravitysinc settings? And what version of Armbian should I use? 

I've downloaded Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal, but I came here to ask before doing something.

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

I don't even remember if there was an original SD card when I bought it.

I just remember that the USB hat never worked even changing some config settings.

Anyway I have flashed a new one and reinstalled Pihole/Unbound/Gravity-Sync from scratch and it works fine.

The previous SD is perfectly fine, so no failing/corruption problem there. It just stopped working from one day to another,

after about a year of "piholeing".

This time I have flashed Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal