[Armbian build PR] - RFC: provide KASLR support to u-boot v2024.07 general availability

RSS Bot

Description

KASRL-supported u-boot 2024.07 for everyone:

• move /chosen/kaslr-seed DTC node support patchset to general 2024.07 BOOTPATCHDIR
  • attach nanopi-r5c and oprangepi5-plus BOOTPACHDIR to patches/uboot/v2024.07 general dir

Hopefully, other boards using same uboot-version can benefit from the added support

note for Maintainers - to enable KASLR seed, you need: - CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE=y configured in your kernel .config - CONFIG_CMD_KASLRSEED=y and CONFIG_DM_RNG=y configure in your u-boot .config - exposed crypto and rng nodes in you board's device-tree - kasrlseed command before kernel boot in your boot.cmd - CONFIG_SECURITY_DMESG_RESTRICT=y in kernel .config is also advisable (integrated by #7079 and #7080 for orangepi5-plus/nanopi-r5c)

note for Maintainers 2 - please place your patched u-boot defconfig and device-trees (when needed) in patch/u-boot/v2024.07/defconfig and patch/u-boot/v2024.07/dt

How Has This Been Tested?

• [X] Built and ran BRANCH=edge RELEASE=trixie BOARDS=(nanopi-r5c orangepi5-plus)
  • [x] Built and ran BRANCH=current RELEASE=trixie BOARD=nanopi-r5c

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings

View the full article

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines