[SOLVED] Orange pi resize filesystem instructions not working

thelaw

Hello,

I am running an orange pi one plus (H6 all winner).

I tried to change partition size as suggested, although nothing working, here is what I tried:

fdisk and the commands, with and without deleting old partition then adding partitions, I get an error message at the end when input w, people say to ignore it, although orange pi cannot boot afterwords

I tried the instructions on their wiki, nothing works

I tried cfdisk which seems to be working, although still when I df -h I cannot see the partition, and when I try to install something for some unknown reason my dpkg gets broken, and says that my mmcblk0p2 is completely full (should not be because is 1.1Gb I download something that is 98M). dpkg problem is: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem (Yes I tried to find solutions online none worked! It's because it thinks there that I used all memory and above!)

parted does not work

Yes I did try resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0 after and before fdisk cfdisk, although not working, in fact it says that it could not find a file system.

Please mind that in all the solutions I tried to gdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0 and the partitions SHOW UP! Even without errors! When I fdisk -l SAME THING!

I really don't know what's going on! I would really be greatful if some help

Thx

Solution:

1. I used rufus instead of sd formatter

2. Partion mmcblk0p2 from old start to maximum

3. IGNORE THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT APPEARS ONLY ON THE H6 ALL WINNER!

4. reboot!

5. resize2fs /dev/mmcblk02

Also, when I try to delete one of the partitions (partition 2) and make a new one (the partition is linux file system), the os gets completely erase and the orange pi cannot even boot.

I am using ubuntu server I forgot to mention!