[Solved] How to enlarge size of boot partition in "Building Armbian" (btrfs rootfs)

vvong

I want to make an Armbian image with BTRFS rootfs.  I did, it works.  My problem is the default setup only assign 58M to the partition for /boot, leave only 18M of free space.  I want to make it 150M.

I had some bad experience related to such issue before - when I did an "apt upgrade" that involves building of new initrd.img file, the /boot partition is too small to allow the upgrade.  So, I want to fix this issue before I build other stuffs on it.

I have browse the docs.armbian.com and read couple of README under the build/ folder but find no hints.

Thanks in advance for your help

P.S.  I think my question should be a general one, not build environment or SBC dependent.  But for just in case

I use the mini.iso image here (i.e. Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 x64) to build a KVM vm as build environment.

I pick the followings when being prompted

(1) Full OS image, (2) Not change kernel conf, (3) rock64 board, (4) stretch, (5) image with console interface

First of all, thank you for all your efforts on those development jobs, codes and docs.  I can't do what I want on my SBC without your effort.

Back to my question, for those who want to do something similar, a simple answer is by adding a line to config-default.conf:
BOOTSIZE="150"

Well, I would say Documentation to build btrfs rootfs image is well organized.  Starting from the ~/build folder, I can always find a doc points me to another relevant one till the job done.  Along the way I also learn more about Armbian.  However, it is not the case for "size of boot partition". All my efforts tried via ~/build folder is in vain.  It is google leads me to an obsoleted Armbian doc on github plus some guess, some luck and quite some time to test compile.

I wonder if obsoleted Armbian docs can still be organized/linked to enrich the current docs. BTW, the doc that helps me out is this one
https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/328b8d19e321afa9f26037bd45c14bfca56bc839/configuration.sh#L26
It provides me what a newbie is lacking: correct syntax (variable name, parameter unit).