Armbian_Cubieboard1(A10)_desktop with legacy kernel won't boot (just shuts off cubieboard)

kofol

I've installed Armbian_5.14_Cubieboard_Debian_jessie_3.4.112_desktop.7z and It initially worked.  I tested video files playback (I think it was mpv player) and it worked smoothly, no video lag. After 4 or 5 boot-ups, I'm no longer able to start armbian. I just see u-boot starting and then (when the kernel is going to be loaded  (message: "Starting kernel ...")) I see mess on screen and cubieboard is powered off (red power light goes down, also networking leds). I use HDMI output (unfortunately I do not have serial cable to try debug it maybe further).

What I tried so far, without success:
-changing SD card for another one (8GB cat4 for 8GB cat10)
-replacing power supply (original 5V, 2A replaced for 5.3V, 2A)
-boot without any connected device (no network cable, no usb keyboard or any other usb device)

So I reinstaled system and also tried following images (without success, same shutdown problem):
-Armbian_4.5_Cubieboard_Ubuntu_trusty_3.4.109_desktop.zip
-Armbian_5.04_Cubieboard_Ubuntu_trusty_3.4.110_desktop.zip
-Armbian_5.14_Cubieboard_Debian_jessie_3.4.112.7z

Vanilla kernels worked (I tried latest ones, no shutdowns, but I would like to have accelerated video, which is not possible under vanilla kernels AFAIK):
-Armbian_5.14_Cubieboard_Debian_jessie_3.4.112.7z
-Armbian_5.14_Cubieboard_Debian_jessie_4.6.2_desktop.7z

I also tried Lakka (OpenELEC based) Retroarch distribution and with its default kernel 3.4.91 it works (link: http://mirror.lakka.tv/nightly/a10.arm/Lakka-a10.arm-devel-20160602232347-r21463-g9531662.img.gz)
Nevertheless ffmpeg Retroarch core was unable to play video files smoothly. Therefore I would like to use Armbian (with hw accelerated graphics) and compile Retroarch on it. But I have this strange shutdown problem...
Do you have any ideas what could be wrong?

P.S. On #linux-sunxi user TheLinuxBug tried to help me and booted on his Cubieboard latest Armbian Jessie desktop and it was running ok. Do not know , but maybe it looks like the bug emerges after using Armbian for a while?..... or my cubie has some weird hardware issue (but why then some distros are OK on it).