• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About 5p0ng3b0b

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. If you open terminal in android, what does cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id give you? The attached dtb files were extracted from the firmware downloaded from here. x96maxplus_dtbs.zip
  2. I wrote a bash script to extract a dtb file from a boot.img or boot.PARTITION file so no need for termux/python/perl etc. It doesn't even require busybox or root. Just run from terminal emulator app. Open terminal and type: sh /path/to/dtb_extract.sh /path/to/boot.img Script and resulting DTBs attached. Edit: I was completely unaware that the boot image can contain multiple DTB files and I was only extracting the first one found *duh*. I amended the script and extracted 5 dtb files from my box. Also attached is a static dtc command so you can convert DTB files without termux
  3. You ask for DTB for X96 max but this is s905x2 SoC. X96 max plus however is s905x3. Maybe this is the problem. Carefully reading the recent posts on this thread should help provide an answer to extracting a stock recovery image, eg trying TWRP and using the backup function. 'How to get stock recovery image?' is a bit off topic IMO. You could try google, or make a new thread in another section asking this question.
  4. Can you supply stock recovery image from box or firmware?
  5. Get DTB file from recovery.PARTITION file. Here is a second take a getting DTB file as extracting via /sys/firmware/devicetree/base using dtc didn't appear to work . This time get DTB from recovery.PARTITION file using termux. Firstly on a PC, download and unzip stock tvbox image. Then unpack firmware.img file with amlogic unpacker. Now transfer the recovery.PARTITION file to termux home folder. The DTB file is embedded in this file so now just extract it. I already installed git, python, perl and wget etc to termux. The resulting file was 76,302 bytes in my
  6. @keynote. Shame the dtb not working . Probably need some python/perl script to parse the dts file Not all boxes are equal, Is there a bootloader partition? This should list all emmc partitions ls $(find /dev/block/platform/ -name "by-name") su dd if=$(find /dev/block/platform/ -name "by-name")/bootloader of=/sdcard/bootloader.img Or try TWRP backup function. Apply zip file using update app or from recovery mode (this will not overwrite your stock recovery). TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip
  7. For those that have not found a working dtb yet, you might want to give this method of extracting dtb and dts files a shot (hardware keyboard recommended or setup sshd via termux). Install termux. Open it and type: termux-setup-storage apt update apt install dtc dtc -q -I fs -O dts /sys/firmware/devicetree/base -o /sdcard/mytvbox.dts dtc -q -I fs -O dtb /sys/firmware/devicetree/base -o /sdcard/mytvbox.dtb I am unable to test this method presently due to other issues but I am dying to know if it works. The files generated are larger than the dtb files in the armbian images but they are s
  8. Really looking forward to running armbian one day on my S905x3 device but ran into difficulty from the get go running aml_autoscript. I was initially posting here with a cry for help but managed to sort the problem and thought I'd share my solution as this alternative method doesn't appear to be documented anywhere. The problem: Downloaded and burned Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200205.img to sdcard. Using the update app that was preinstalled on the android device, I tried loading aml_autoscript from external sd card, usb ports