I have a bqeel X8T max box. Last week, starting from the stock firmware, I was able to install armbian image (Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img).
I had a lot of trouble to configure the dtb file, due to my few experience... but finally I did it (I'm quite sure using meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb).
Then I decided to try also coreelec image (unfortunately I didn't catch the warning on the first message of this topic)... so when I decided that armbian is better for my needed I was not ablt to come back.
Using Amlogic burning tool I was able to install another android firmware (the stock firmware for my box is scarce) but I'm not able to reinstall armbian... also trying all dtb files for s905x.
These are steps that I'm doing:
1. using Etcher (on windows 10) burn the uimage on a USB drive
2. rename u-boot.sd in u-boot.ext
3. edit uEnv.txt with notepad++ and change the row 19 in FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb
4. save and exit
5. create a file uEnv.ini that is a copy of uEnv.txt (I think that this step is not needed)
6. put the usb drive in the box
7. Open the app "Update&Backup"
8. Click on "Select" local update and chose the file on the removable media aml_autoscript.zip
9. Start "Update"
For each tentative I wait for about 10 minutes.
I also tryed with "toothpick method" but with no success.
I'm quite sure that I'm doing something wrong in the USB preparation.... but I don't know what!!!!!
What can I do?