not expecting this, but could have been a bit more clearer in my question.
Do we have a
* Kobol issue: hardware (like the missing IC connection on the 2.5Gbps for it to work at 1Gbps) or firmware
* or an Armbian issue with the linux distribution.
I was really just trying to get info if someone has looked into this already and might have been missled by the fact that Kobol/Armbian formed this "club" and this is where we can ask questions on both aspects hardware and software.
Now regarding Armbian maintenance work and the cost, a few comments on this:
* I do not have a pro usage of Arm (and by extension Armbian or any other distro) yet, currently just playing around and exploring capabilities on a personal basis so "help" also means here filing a proper PR if it is something I can fix.
* I have issues with the recent fundraising Armbian did for the build server, and have not participated to it (but also did not debate as I am new here) because to me this is old school and border line regarding governance. Oldschool because a single server somewhere cause a lot of issues and hides the rest of the costs (electricity, internet access,...). A contrario my company today is providing the whole build capacity of OpenBSD ports (10+ servers). It is a shared access to a group of developers, professionally hosted in a secure DC,... It is a win/win situation we offer compute and bandwidth and the community gets better quality.
* While I understand the money part of the "help" you are seeking, the page I am being referred to and the 3k/day mention while totally plausible need more transparency in such a community project. Again new here, so maybe I am missing information.
For the tone, I will disregard, maybe my question triggered this level of response because of other threads I am not aware of within the forum and impolite users that are asking and never giving back. I hope my answer above brings everything back to a collaborative mode and again happy to look at any options I can provide help at my level.