nikkoaki

  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I remember that the maximum frequency was 1296Mhz back with Xenial, with kernel 3.x. It even says here Heat is not a problem since i have a large heatsink and temperature controlled fan, i was just curious about why the max frequency was bumped to 1368Mhz on the newer builds. What's the rationale behind it?
  2. Bah, forget my previous port. I thought pin PA7 was pin 29 (which is, physically), but it's actually pin 7. Everything works fine.
  3. Greetings, I'm not good with linux so excuse any stupidity i might say. I have been using Xenial for years now and just decided to update. In the past i was using the sunxi module to access gpio's For ex: echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA7/data Now in Bionic i just noticed gpio's are not accessed in the same way. According to this user, we can either use sysFS (which seems deprecated) or libgpiod. The problem is that i can't make it work. libgpiod: root@orangepi:~# gpioset gpiochip0 29=1 gpioset: error setting the GPIO line values: Unknown error 517
  4. I remember trying to install a usb wifi dongle in the past and while it gave me lots of headaches, i did manage to make it work. It's been a while since i used wifi (it's been a while since i used the SBC too to be honest). Today i decided to power it up at least just to update it. When it was installing kernel related stuff, it gave an error stating it couldn't build the 8192cu module (or something like that), the specific log says scripts/Makefile.build:432: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build/8192cu.o' failed make[1]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build/8192cu.
  5. Thank you for your reply. Indeed, removing that line solved the problem. What's weird is that i never changed my network configuration. What i did was: Install armbian -> disable gpu/hdmi -> update packages -> install webmin -> went to the network pane on webmin and got that error -> did other things I didn't check the network config before installing webmin so i don't know if it was already like that or it was indeed webmin that changed it. I never had that problem in the past so i'm guessing webmin had nothing to do with it or it's something from rec
  6. Greetings, I recently changed from an old loboris ubuntu distribution to armbian for my opi PC. I never had problems with it, it was just not getting updates for a long time since it's old and not a LTS. I never had problems with openvpn also.. installing from apt and creating ca's and users was a breeze. Now with armbian i simply cannot get it to work, i tried both with apt and compiling the latest version from source. I cannot get it to start. Doing systemctl start openvpn Job for openvpn.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl sta
  7. I was about to open a new thread makig the same question as OP but for the OPI PC. It was nice to find this first. Fortunately the OPI PC is similar to the One. http://i.imgur.com/Tyrbb5g.jpg I have no idea why technik007_cz and Tido were acting like that. It's very handy to be able to hardware reset the board. I have a raspi running headless 24/7 and an arduino connected to it, pinging it periodically through the GPIO. If for some reason the raspi freezes and stops responding for a while, the arduino resets it. I intend to do the same with the OPI PC.