I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Dieter for the great work he has done to find out the cause of the problem.
I had a similar problem. And I confirm that in the above way you can revive the work of BananaPi Pro
1) you need to remove the MicroSD and in any Linux system (for example, by booting from Ubuntu-LifeCD or other), edit the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt, specifying the correct UUID of our MicroSD to the rootdev parameter. It is better not to remove the value for loading from HDD/SDD, but to comment it out
2) insert MicroSD back and start. We enter the system and launch the command "armbian-config", select "Systems" -> "DTC" from the menu.
2a) DO NOT REPEAT. First I tried in the "ahci-5v" section to change the ""status =" disabled "" parameter to ""status ="enabled "". Rebooted but it didn't help. Returned the parameter back.
2b) look for the "sata@1c18000" section and delete the line "target-supply = <0x24>;" in it. To the request to save the answers "Y", to the request to overwrite the file - we also confirm "Y" and reboot.
3) After rebooting, the "lsblk" command will already show our HDD/SSD available.
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 55,9G 0 disk
└─sda1 8:1 0 55,9G 0 part /
mmcblk0 179:0 0 7,5G 0 disk
└─mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 7,4G 0 part /media/mmcboot
zram0 254:0 0 483,7M 0 disk [SWAP]
4) Again edit the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt, uncommenting the "rootdev" parameter for the UUID of our HDD/SDD and commenting it out for MicroSD.
5) Reboot and enjoy again the work of our BananaPi Pro. When updating the kernel, you will have to repeat everything again. Maybe if, after the update, you immediately edit the dtc and then reboot, then the problem will not be reproduced.
I express my gratitude to everyone who unsubscribed in this thread - thanks to you, I was able not to freak out and delete all my data, but to restore the performance of my system. I think it would be a good idea to solidify this topic so that other colleagues can quickly find it and restore their devices to work. But I would like the developers to fix this. Thank you for a good product, albeit with problems.
UPDATE: DID IT! A LONG TIME AGO (AND WASN'T ABLE TO COME BACK TO IMMEDIATELY UPDATE EVERYONE)
For those who are about to ask for the same question on the internet this is the answer.
I used hd-idle and it worked perfectly among my drives.
follow this guide:
ymmv depending on the drives you use (if the hard drives can support it)
hd-idle perfectly worked on my old western digital and seagate hard drives but not perfectly on my seagate barracuda green hard drives (I think because of power management within the firmware of my hard drive so I had to turn off hd-idle altogether)
you can find on the link other alternatives to the one I used in case it didn't work for you
Allright, now wifi it works after running
apt-get install linux-u-boot-bananapipro-next linux-image-dev-sunxi linux-headers-dev-sunxi linux-dtb-next-sunxi linux-jessie-root-bananapipro armbian-firmware-full -y