The eMMC media is booting correctly after following the procedure. But the automatic partition resizing
doesn't seem to work?
/dev/mmcblk0p1 3703 1366 2267 38% /
for a 16 GB eMMC media
There is no /boot mount point entry as well...
How can I resize the root partition correctly?
This is what gparted shows when I plug in the cardreader on my notebook
with gparted booted from a live CD:
Partition File System Size Used Unused
unallocated unallocated 4.00 MiB -- --
/dev/sdb1 ext4 3.70 GiB 1.44 GiB 2.27 GiB
/dev/sdb2 unknown 10.82 GiB -- --
unallocated unallocated 150.28 MiB -- --
I've taken Jerome's description and put it into a section based form:
01. Download the Android-4.4.4... image
02. Extract the .zip file
03. Attach the micro SD-Card to your computer and flash the image
04. Remove power from the XU4
Attach the micro SD-Card AND the eMMC media to the XU4 and put the
boot mode selector switch into SD mode
05. Attach power to the XU4
Let it boot. The blue LED stays on for about a minute. When the blue
LED goes off or the XU4 shuts itself down, remove power from the XU4 again.
You won't see any output if you've connected a monitor via HDMI during
06. Remove the micro SD-Card AND the eMMC media from the XU4 and attach the eMMC
media to the computer again.
Flash your preferred armbian image to the eMMC media.
E.g. the openmediavault from
07. Attach the eMMC media to the XU4 again and put the boot mode selector
switch into eMMC mode. Do not attach the micro SD-Card
08. Attach power to the XU4 and let it boot...