• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Gavinb

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Durban, South Africa

Recent Profile Visitors

756 profile views
  1. Hi. I have a similar issue awhile back, ended up using a new dev board, suspect some hardware fault in the pine64 itself. It's mentioned here
  2. I had done it directly in the device tree itself and didn't make an overlay then. But will this time around
  3. The only difference between the boards is the SRAM, so the same overlay should just work on the pine64/64+, unfortunately I don't have access to a pine64+ at the moment to be able to test it.
  4. Hi I've just started work on the 5.4 kernel, will be testing that and getting relevant DTB changes into the patches. Once completed and working, I'll package things up as an overlay for those that want to use the MIPI-DSI. If I get a chance to afterwards, I'll have a look at the dev branch to get something working there.
  5. Hi, You'll need to remap the changes to the Pine64So device tree into the Pine64's, then you should be good to go. The only major difference between the two is the dram, which is handled at spl/u-boot level.
  6. @karlitos This sounds like the same issue I had at a point. DSI port on the board could have a hardware fault. I switched to another board and then got it going.
  7. Are the ribbon cables connected correctly, i.e. no misalignment etc. [ 8.738486] sun6i-mipi-dsi 1ca0000.dsi: Attached device fy07024di26a30d show's that it's attached the display unit. I didn't have to add/change anything after booting up, ie no need to change armbianEnv.txt
  8. Hi @karlitosYou will need the serial cable, as you have to do the initial login/root password etc via console, alternatively via ssh if you know it's ip. Once you've created a normal user, it'll startup the desktop evironment thereafter.
  9. I'm currently looking into a new project which will use (hopefully) the Rpi Waveshare hdmi based 4" lcd touch screen, linked to the pine64/Sopine I'm at research stage, and will be looking into using a current 5.x kernel. If anyone has any info on the waveshare lcd's I need to watch out for or suggestions to get further info (specifically the touch driver side), please post a response. Progress on the project will be posted here, links will be added once I have some basics running. This can hopefully open up the waveshare displays to other devices. @Igor Yes I'v
  10. 1 - Can't say how Armbian itself will move forward, as this is a specific branch for my requirements. 2 - Haven't worked with vagrant, so can't answer. Not that this branch has, and probably will remain fallen behind Armbian master.
  11. Hi @karlitos script is already set to pull that kernel.
  12. Update - Touch panel is now working :) 20200122_102315.mp4
  13. @karlitos Hi, haven't made any progress the last 2 weeks, am on leave for holidays and only return on the 13th Jan when I can catch up on other test's that are being done during this time by someone else. He's currently checking through other kernel builds, so will generate patches once we can comfirm we have things workings on the I2c side.
  14. I've already verified with i2cdetect, without loading the touch driver, using the normal overlay method, results are the same for both I2c-0 and 1
  15. Thanks @pszypowicz problem I'm having is getting the I2C lines unlocked [ 9.381132] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0 [ 9.381155] Goodix-TS 0-005d: i2c test failed attempt 2: -110 [ 9.409109] Goodix-TS 0-005d: I2C communication failure: -110 I have commited some debugging checks into the kernel, will be continuing with it today, after I sort out mac-addr issues I'm experiencing here in the office for the network changes we've had. Image does work on the pine64, by adding in a patch to copy the sopine-baseboard.dts over the pine64.dts, should do th