First login attempt

heads5150

When I try to login for the first time on an Odroid C2 and I follow these steps:

1. Root password is 1234. You will be prompted to change this password and to create a normal user at first login.
  2. Then I get the following error: Authentication token manipulation error

The password is reset and I go through through steps 1 and 2. I've tried using 5 different passwords with the same result.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I'm sorry my first post here is this but... need help... thank you

I have an OrangePI PC+ with Armbian_5.20_Orangepipcplus_Debian_jessie_3.4.112_desktop installed in emmc

Everything is OK, until now

I need to have a second Armbian on the SDCARD only for testing some other applications

I made a SD card exactly like before (when I've intalled the Armbian and put it into the emmc), same card reader, same SD cards, same .img file....

I tried even with the version without Desktop

When I want to start from SD card, I login with root/1234 and then I type the new password (once) and hit enter (I tried with both enter keys, just to be sure the key is ok) and 2-3 seconds right after that I have this error: Authentication token manipulation error

I try to restart, to rewrite the SD card, same problem

Could be a problem because I have same distro on the emmc?

Best regards,

Seb

When I want to start from SD card, I login with root/1234 and then I type the new password (once) and hit enter (I tried with both enter keys, just to be sure the key is ok) and 2-3 seconds right after that I have this error: Authentication token manipulation error

Please check again what you are prompted for after logging in with root/1234

You are supposed to enter the old password (1234) again during password change procedure

sure, I used the old password (not the password which is for the emmc installation)

I also put that password instead 1234 and no login (which is correct) and no go further (to enter a new password)

I also tried to enter the new password like the password used on emmc, same error

Same with totally different new password