Which armbian image do i need for S912 vasteyu/gomyhom V9 android box?

Daniel Ørum

Hey all.

Does anyone know what image i need to get armbian working on this Android TV box?

GOMYHOM TV Box Android 7.1 V9 Smart Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3GB RAM 32GB ROM H.265 3D 4K HD 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wi-Fi BT4.0

Link here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075S14NCN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures of board here:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/660970-vasteyu-v9-s912-tv-box-android-7-3-32-dual-wifi-bt

I have already tried this image on my box:

Armbian_19.11.3_Aml-g12_buster_legacy_5.3.0_desktop_20191126.img

And tried with 2 different dtb files, but the box wont boot it. Just shuts down after 10 seconds of running.

Cross my fingers.. :)

Thanks everyone!

On 12/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, ghostdog said:

Hi

Your box is basic amlogic s912. Debian buster should start with almost any gxm.dtb file, maybe q200 or q201. For the sake of being sure, check out your build.prop file, it's located within /system folder.

Good luck.

Hello ghostdog

Thank you so much for your reply! Really appreciate it. About the build.prop  is it correct to assume,  that this file is lost, when I have flashed a custom firmware (atvxperience) to the onboard storage, by using ‘usb burning tool’?

And would you be able to point me to a download link? It seems like a jungle, with alle these different builds og armbian i can download.. but which ones are for the q200 or q201?

Hi Daniel

No you have not lost your build.prop file, it is embedded within your TV box operating system, your box will not function without it.

Download and install " root browser classic.apk" from app store or any site like Apkpure or Aptoide , navigate to your root partition and open System folder , there you will find a bunch of folders and a file called Build.prop, it stores all the info about your box.

Good luck

Screenshot_20191225-200530.png

• Werner locked this topic