Orange Pi 4 Boot (rk3399)

Cybereu

Hi,

I was testing images for Orange Pi 4 w/o eMMC, official from site, Debian and Ubuntu from ARMbian, and suddenly any boots anymore.

I tried desperately everything, write with another program, used dd for copy, pressed randomly bottoms attached in the back, then one time worked, but it crashed when i attached a keyboard.

Later all my micro-sd cards worked, most of them are poor quality, could be that but idk, my power adapter came from official website.

# ls usb

doesn't show hid

I have a cp2012 usb to tll, i can use it for serial debug ?

Edited by Cybereu

Not sure the same issue here -- but:

1) Burn latest focal image from website with 5.xx -- system boots. Do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -- never appears on network (kernel is not upgraded, as I see, but network manager does)

2) Burn buster image with legacy kernel, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -- working.

Anybody bumped same ?

On 6/8/2020 at 5:19 PM, Cybereu said:

Not same issue, mine does not even boot.

Bought usb ttl cable, waiting it arrive to get some debugs.

For my board to originally boot, I needed the USB TTL serial. Please recall the speed is high, and a lot of letters are missing during boot, Don't let that worry you.

just press enter a couple of times to get it to sync once dmesg boot gets scilent.
After this once, It was possible to boot from sd card.

On 6/14/2020 at 4:44 AM, FredrikA said:

For my board to originally boot, I needed the USB TTL serial. Please recall the speed is high, and a lot of letters are missing during boot, Don't let that worry you.

just press enter a couple of times to get it to sync once dmesg boot gets scilent.
After this once, It was possible to boot from sd card.

You gave me some hope...but im still stuck, the only message i recived while connect via ttl is:

DDR Version 1.24 20191016
In

when clicking reset button.