Login in CLI rathar than boot into gui

gabrielwong1991

Hi basically i am switching from Raspberry pi to orangepi PC. Managed to find armbian which looks way better than raspberry gui!

Now my problem is i used raspi-config to set login after POST in CLI in Rpi but in armbian we dont have this config thing and I want to make the system login at CLI then I could either continue to use CLI or go into gui mode by typing startx.

Any ideas for this?

I have tried systemctl enable multi-user.target but it seems nothing change and I also tried to find the directory of grub but there is none at armbian.

Many thanks,

Gabriel

the command works many thanks zador!

one more question tho.. How do I enable SSH? I installed XRDP and try to run RDP from Windows it doesnt connect, putty also doesnt connect. I am running the Window and OPi in the same LAN so shouldnt be network problem

one more question tho.. How do I enable SSH? I installed XRDP and try to run RDP from Windows it doesnt connect, putty also doesnt connect. I am running the Window and OPi in the same LAN so shouldnt be network problem

So SSH or RDP? SSH should be enabled and active by default, make sure that SSH service is running ("systemctl status sshd") and that you can ping your board from your PC. For RDP also make sure that XRDP was started without any errors and that it has proper configuration.

Regarding the ping it is acting weird, i get 2/4 packet loss from pinging. Firewall on the armbian image?

No, even if iptables is installed, there are no custom rules (ACCEPT by default in all chains), and I'm not sure we even have kernel modules to simulate this behavior.  :) . 

Packet loss is a sign of hardware issues, please try using different Ethernet cable to connect your board.

hahaha I found out the problem! Its the power PSU! I used a USB cable, cut the wire, take the positive and negative out and solder it directly to the board since I dont have the power plug before. The wire is too thin for 2Amps to pass. Ran down and bought the cable and is all good now. Thanks Zador for your help!