bug : create an user

Paweł Janowski

hello,

when i initial start the Armbian @ Orange Pi PC I was prompted for new user. I put new username as 'ch0mik' but the Armbian make a user and group 'chmik' - without zero.

Im ham radio operator  with callsing sq7mru and i want to make a user with ma correct callsign (alphanumeric username)

Regards

Pawel

when i initial start the Armbian @ Orange Pi PC I was prompted for new user. I put new username as 'ch0mik' but the Armbian make a user and group 'chmik' - without zero.

This has been fixed in the meantime and digits can be used with new OS images (not yet released for NanoPi M1). In the meantime simply create a new user starting with username=ch0mik and then following the steps that happen normally (adduser + adding to necessary groups):

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/scripts/check_first_login.sh#L8-L12

Alternatively it might work to upgrade your installation and then let the automatic user creation happen again:

sudo su -
apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade ; touch /root/.not_logged_in_yet ; reboot

(not tested)

This has been fixed in the meantime and digits can be used with new OS images (not yet released for NanoPi M1). In the meantime simply create a new user starting with username=ch0mik and then following the steps that happen normally (adduser + adding to necessary groups):

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/scripts/check_first_login.sh#L8-L12

Alternatively it might work to upgrade your installation and then let the automatic user creation happen again:

sudo su -
apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade ; touch /root/.not_logged_in_yet ; reboot

(not tested)

ThX : it works ! ;)