[Pull Request] - WIP Support for OrangePi4 LTS board

RSS Bot

Description

This PR adds support for kernel 5.15 and 5.17 for Orange Pi 4 LTS board. Work is mostly based upon existing Orange Pi 4 device tree and code. The LTS board differs from the ancestor because uses Spreadtrum/Unisoc uwe5622 wifi/bluetooth chip and es8316c sound codec.

uwe5622 wifi patches have been brought in from allwinner family patches and enabled via kernel config modifications. Some other minor fixes have been brought in to avoid kernel warnings or trivial errors. Wifi part is working, bluetooth part is not yet ready because the kernel driver crashes and thus has been disabled. The Unisoc driver is suboptimal since it is not very compliant against kernel guidelines. Also requires a "glue" part that is forcefully built in kernel. Wifi and bluetooth drivers are instead compiled as modules.

Kernel device tree has been modified accordingly to match the differences from base Orange Pi 4 board, instead u-boot device tree and config is shared with the base board since there are no changes at mass storage level.

note: legacy kernel has been disabled, since I didn't find any Orange Pi 4 reference for legacy, I guessed that support for such flavour is phasing out in favour of mainline.

Jira reference number AR-1182

How Has This Been Tested?

The hardware has been briefly tested and requires some more tests to ensure that basic devices functionality are all there, but it is stable and dmesg is clean.

• [x] Build and test Debian Bullseye minimal image
  • [ ] Build and test Ubuntu Jammy desktop image
  • [x] Test analog audio
  • [ ] Test WiFi connection, throughput and stability
  • [ ] Test HDMI audio
  • [ ] Test USB3 compatibility and functionality
  • [ ] Test eMMC installation and boot

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [x] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines