[CNX-Software] - MIPS unveils RISC-V eVocore P8700 and I8500 multiprocessor IP cores

RSS Bot

MIPS RISC-V eVocore

MIPS is dead, right? Well, there’s now very little done on the architecture itself, MIPS (the company) has decided to switch to RISC-V architecture, and unveiled the eVocore product lineup currently comprised of the eVocore P8700 and I8500 multiprocessor IP cores. The 64-bit cores are scalable from single-core multi-thread to a single cluster with multiple cores, and up to a multi-cluster, and target high-performance, real-time compute applications such as networking, data centers, and automotive. The eVocore P8700 comes with a 16-stage deep pipeline with multi-issue Out-of-Order (OOO) execution and multi-threading. MIPS claims it has single-threaded performance greater than what is currently available in other RISC-V CPU IP offerings, but did not provide any numbers. It will likely be used in the cloud and high-end servers as it can scale up to 64 clusters, 512 cores and 1,024 harts/threads. P8700 highlights: Multi-issue superscalar Out of Order (OOO) with Multi-threading 16-stage pipeline [...]

The post MIPS unveils RISC-V eVocore P8700 and I8500 multiprocessor IP cores appeared first on CNX Software - Embedded Systems News.

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines