[Pull Request] - rockchip64: fix pwm regulators that use pinctrl "active" configuration

RSS Bot

Description

After some inspections related to pwm patch recently introduced and reverted on v5.18 kernel patchset (see https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/3928), it turned out that some boards (OrangePI 4/LTS, Tinkerboard 2) use a pinctrl configuration name active which is inherited from legacy kernel. Mainline kernel does not use such pinctrl configuration name, but wants default.

This effect of this misnaming is an increased voltage supplied to "vdd_log" regulator and an increased power consumption since the configuration active is just ignored on mainline kernel.

Power consumption has been tested using a regular multimeter, on my OrangePI 4 LTS board, and with the patch applied results in a saving of ~40mA (200mW).

Jira reference number AR-1247

How Has This Been Tested?

Please describe the tests that you ran to verify your changes. Please also note any relevant details for your test configuration.

• [x] Built a Ubuntu Jammy Xfce image for OrangePI 4 LTS and tested on the board

Checklist:

• [x] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [x] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [x] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [x] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [x] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [x] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines