BPI M2 Zero & Audio Module (CJMCU-1334) | Financial Incentive

ErikOostveen

About 6 months ago I started a music project with the Raspberry PI Zero 2W. The project is a module to generate weird and wonderful drone music/sounds (example here)

Because of the fact that it's nearly impossible to got hold of the Raspberry PI Zero 2W, I want to "port" the project to an alternative and available board with the same footprint and pinout; the BPI M2 Zero would be perfect.

I have quite a challenge though;

See image:

The exact setup below with an Raspberry PI Zero 2W (O/S: Bullseye 11) and the install procedure described here, runs absolutely fine --- but now I want this setup to run on the BPI M2 Zero (O/S: "Armbian_20.05.1_Bananapim2zero_buster_current_5.4.43_desktop" downloaded from here)

I appreciate that the BPI M2 Zero has a different architecture - but I guess with the lack of support (compared to the Raspberry PI) I can't figure out how to get this setup running.

Has anyone got experience getting the two boards "talking" ?

I need the setup to be the same as I already have the PCBs produced you see. I haven't seen a Armbian version of Bullseye 11 ... but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have the same O/S. I guess what matters is that the Audio's board install-script (curl https://get.pimoroni.com/phatdac | bash) is re-worked to run on the BPI M2 Zero.

I am willing to offer a financial incentive for your time (ping me).

BPI_M2_Zero_ad_Audio_DAC.jpg