Armbian image for NanoPi R6S

fever_wits

Hello,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, if I'm wrong, please excuse me and move the topic to the correct section or tell me which section to write in.

I will soon be the proud owner of a NanoPi R6S and would be happy if I could help create a working image for it.

I don't have positive experience with compiling a kernel for SoC, but I can test images :)

Regards,

I'm looking forward to this as well.   FA images work well, but be nice to have an Armbian build like the rest of my sbcs so they are all on the same thing.

( I have 2 of these, one was to play with and act as a spare, other will end up with friendlyWRT to replace my commodity router  )

And now we have a R6C model, which includes an m.2 slot for storage, or WiFi.  ( mine just arrived today )

Oh, and a debug port pre-wired. 

Edited by Nurb432

Your best shot might be taking some latest Radxa Rock 5B images and flash and run on sd card to test it out (it should be less risky to do so), report back the bugs and logs here.
I don't have that board to test out, but I'm interested to know how it works out too.

References:

https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/

- reporting bugs: https://docs.armbian.com/#how-to-report-bugs

Edited by Avatar Ng
additional references

Hello,

I made several attempts and all failed.
I think without the correct u-boot.img (to boot from a card if I'm not mistaken) and idbloader.img for the NanoPi R6S that it will be able to boot any OS.
The good news is that kernel 6 already has most of Rochchip's processors supported.
dts file that seems to work I found on the internet.

If someone can help with u-boot.img and idbloader.img or tell me how to do it (this is dark matter for me) I can try to run debian 12.

I have a NanoPi R6S, although I use it, I can stop it for a while for a test.

Regards,