32" 3840x2160 problems

edarrek

Hi, I've trouble getting 3840x2160 resolution to work. When I try to switch to that resolution the monitor says resolution is 3848x2160 and display is all garbled. 2560x1440 works fine.

Also, If I try to login to Gnome (Wayland) I get blank screen and I'm back at the login screen. X11 lets me login to the system.

uname -a:
Linux lindon 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 #trunk.0184 SMP Fri Jan 20 18:24:04 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I've fetched the latest updates (apt update && apt upgrade) and I've just ran firmware update using armbian-config.

Edit: display is connected via usb-c - - > displayport cable.

Edited by edarrek
Forgot to mention how display is connected.

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

Next step was to try to use two monitors - second monitor is 2560x1440 and now that is attached via usb-c - - > displayport. It works fine in X11 at 60Hz (display was using 144Hz by default and that did not work). However, I'm still unable to use Gnome Wayland session. After typing in my password both screens blank - they stay like that for a few seconds and I'm back at login screen.