orange pi Zero 2 Power on But not Booting

Trimx

Unfortunately, the Orange pi zero 2 does not start with the Armbian img, it does turn on, but there is only a white line in the top left and it does not boot any further. I once downloaded the original ubuntu image from the manufacturer, this works without problems but is just outdated. Can you take a look at it? Actually wanted to install the pi hole project with Armbian

Image:

Armbian 22.11 Jammy
Kernel 4.9.y, Size: 445Mb, Release date: Jan 10, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature

Edited by Trimx

Hey, I would suggest, that you should try the image with the newer kernel. You found it in the "Other supported variants" section. I installed the "Jammy CLI, Kernel 6.1.y" yesterday and on top pi-hole. And it works fine. So exactly what you want to achieve: armbian and pi-hole on the Orange pi zero 2.
Another aspect is that pi-hole dropped the support for Ubuntu 18.04 (with it's older kernel) anyway https://pi-hole.net/blog/2022/09/03/psa-dropping-support-for-ubuntu-18-04/

After having troubles with an update I switched back to the manufacturer's build for Ubuntu Server. Yes, outdated but with newer kernel than the "stable" armbian release. 

But I saw also that I didn't answer exactly on the first message and noticed the remarks on the armbian page for the opiz2 that newer "supported versions" doesn't include HDMI. That I haven't tested because I connected via terminal and this worked. Until my recent update try. 

I will gladly return to an armbian linux if this distribution has an actual maintainer and not only automated builds.