WiFi on Rk3318

immS

Hi, I want to begin saying that I am an absolute newbie and I don't even know how I managed to get the installation process right. And also, I'm not a native English speaker so I apologize in advance for not making myself understandable. 

I had a Vontar X88 Pro tv box lying around that was pretty much unusable by itself, found this forum by chance and decided to give it a go and install armbian on the box and turn it into a small computer (that I really need by the way, I don't have a pc and I'm typing this post on a broken phone). The installation process has gone smoothly even though I got it wrong the first time and I had to do everything all over again. I also ran the rk3318-config command on the terminal after the installation and I tried various options, but I just can't get the wifi to work. Can you help me please? Is it a known issue and I just better buy an Ethernet cable? I also can't attach screen shots for obvious reasons, maybe tomorrow I can photograph or record the screen so you can understand the issue better. 

I am so sorry if I broke some rules or explained myself badly. Thank you in advance. 

Edited by immS

@immS Since you have an X88 Pro board, try also to run again rk3318-config: your board has a particular different and rk3318-config should have told you to run the script again after reboot to let it autodetect the wifi and apply the necessary device tree overlays.

Thank you, I seemed to have made wifi working but i think i fiddled with a setting i shouldn't have fiddled with and now i cannot go past login, It says "out of range". I don't know what did i do wrong and i made a clip with my phone to show you what happens but It gives me an error during uploading.