ILI9488 touchscreen 14pin model with Orange pi 5

garz

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an ili9488 touch screen for use with my Orange Pi 5, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I've tried several solutions that I found online, but so far nothing has worked. Specifically, the screen isn't displaying any output when I connect it to my Orange Pi 5, and I'm not sure what steps to take next.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQaN4gj - That is the screen I bought.

For context,I have the latest version of the Armbian operating system installed. I've followed the instructions that came with the touch screen, and I've also tried several different solutions that I found online (including using the fbset command to adjust the display resolution, and updating the device tree overlay file).

If anyone has any suggestions or advice for how I can troubleshoot this issue, I would be extremely grateful. I'm open to any possible solutions, and I'm willing to try anything to get this screen up and running. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi just had a similar problem with my bananapi and the ili9341 and might have some helpful tips.

1. thing I did was to check if there's a driver for your chip honestly I am not sure if this is the case for the ili9488

locate ili9488

2. Load your overlay and check dmesg

dmesg | grep -E ili9488

There you should see if the panel gets loaded during spartup or if there are any problems with the spi bus for example.

3. Post your overlay and wiring, I had a lot of trouble too understand the syntax fot the <&pio x y z > and got them wrong all the time. the orange pi cs(chipselect) for the spi4 is the gpio1_c4 so it should look like this <&pio 2 4 0> With 2 = (letter C)-1 4(comes from the pin) and 0 is low.
at least that's how it works with the bananapi.

Hope this can help a little bit