Armbian-Config - boot from SD - systemd on SATA, USB or NVMe does not work.

LluviaFria

I'm running Armbian Cli 23.02.2 Jammy with Linux 6.1.11-meson64 on my OdroidC4, I'd like to be able to boot from a USB3.0 SSD, (I'm aware that this board doesn't have SPI flash memory, so you should sacrifice a micro SD to host the system boot)
When I run armbian-config and go to the option to "boot from SD - systemd on SATA, USB or NVMe" the process seems to complete all the steps without difficulty, at the end the process asks to reboot, the problem starts here, at perform the reboot the system never boots, it stays in a loop, the SSD flashes led light as if it had activity, the same my odroid c4 flashes blue led light in a loop, but the system never appears by ssh.

I hope someone can help me.
Excuse my English, I'm using a translator.

I'm not sure what armbian-config does exactly, but from what I read on a quick search about your hardware and booting from usb it seems OdroidC4 demands you having the inital boot sequence kick off from the sd-card and no way of getting around it.

This guide seems to cover it without you needing to use armbian-config, because again, I don't know, but I suspect it moves everything, incl boot to your usb-device, and that won't work on your hardware.

Edited by bedna