Building Armbian for a New Board (Purple Pi OH, rk3566)

Casey TSui

Hello everyone,

I'm new user about SBC and armbian.

I recently purchased this SBC - purple-pi-oh (rk3566, Number/type of interfaces similar to Raspberry Pi),  It has opened up its linux sdk and more. 

image.thumb.png.1b711a87224548c007acf7b01e20a1fb.png

Because its default image version is older, and does not support k3s, cilium, etc (I'm a k8s ops), so I want to use armbian with it.

I first directly downloaded and tried all rk3566/3568 images of other SBCs, such as station m2/station p2/Bananapir2pro, etc., and the most pleasant surprise was that using the station m2 image, purple pi oh almost works (can run through the installation process, mouse/keyboard/hdmi monitor works fine), the only regret is that the network card activation error, can not run properly. (It's so close.)

09c654f95ba568b3d23d0d6bfb76ad8.thumb.jpg.5e3acb873552ef4170d526a16fee115a.jpg

b8c13fa3518f2e939cc2660ddd5a5e7.thumb.jpg.cd65a55a825b710b44f6d1e89868cf51.jpg

△ The only problem, eth0 failed to activate.

I am trying to build a custom image of Armbian for the purple pi oh,  but I really don't have any relevant experience in this area.

Can any of the experts guide me please? My simple idea is that, based on the station m2 situation, maybe with a few tweaks to the configuration, the rebuilt image will work perfectly fine.

Thank you!

Finally, English is not my first language, so I'm slower to read/comprehend and reply.