Installing Armbian on Q+ Tv box

Dumr666

Hello, I have two of those TV box Android Q+ tv box, which apparently has H616 CPU in it, and I am trying for literally two days to install armbian or some other linux on it (I want to repurpose them to something usefull).

I tried with all the images for orangepi zero 2, tanix t96s/96, basically all the images that I could imagine and could find, that apparently should boot from SD card.

My procedure is that I press button inside of AV port, with SD card inserted, and pluging power in whilist holding reset button, and it newer boots into any armbian or other distro that I tried.

I saw few people here managed to install linux on it, but I ran out of ideas, if somebody can just direct me to correct image/procedure how to install it.

I also followed this https://indomus-it.translate.goog/guide/come-installare-e-configurare-armbian-su-q-plus-q-smart-tv-box/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp#boot, to no avail.

Thank you!

you never know what you really get with tv box hardware, but the q+ so far was allwinner h6 and not h616, so maybe you are trying the image for the wrong soc in the end. also there is no need to press the button inside the av port - allwinner devices boot by default from sd card, so just write the image to an sd card, insert it and power on the box and then it should either boot (if everything is fine) or not (if not) ... good luck