[Armbian build PR] - kernel: sunxi: Add support for 6.6 kernel

RSS Bot

Description

I have changed the way the patches are generated a bit. Instead of using orange-pi branch from megous tree for 6.6 kernel, I have used the following 6.6 kernel branches from megous tree

a83t-suspend, af8133j, anx, audio,
axp, cam, err, fixes, mbus, modem,
opi3, pb, pinetab, pp, ppkb,
samuel, speed, tbs-a711, ths

These branches were carefully chosen to include only allwinner related patches and remove importing of most of the rockchip related patches into the allwinner kernel. This has led to decrease in the total applied patch count by 84. We now apply 407 patches instead of 491 patches as applied in 6.5 kernel, while all functionality will remain the same.

Following patches are modified to fix patch application failure

• patches.armbian/arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-orangepi-zero2-reg_usb1_vbus-status-ok.patch
  • patches.armbian/arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-orangepi-zero2-Enable-GPU-mali.patch
  • patches.armbian/arm64-dts-allwinner-h616-Add-efuse_xlate-cpu-frequency-scaling-v1_6_2.patch
  • patches.armbian/arm64-dts-allwinner-h616-LED-green_power_on-red_status_heartbeat.patch
  • patches.armbian/arm64-dts-allwinner-overlay-Add-Overlays-for-sunxi64.patch
  • patches.armbian/arm64-dts-sun50i-h616-bigtreetech-cb1.patch

Following patches are modified because of kernel api change to fix compilation failure

• patches.armbian/drv-gpu-drm-sun4i-Add-HDMI-audio-sun4i-hdmi-encoder.patch
  • patches.armbian/drv-of-Device-Tree-Overlay-ConfigFS-interface.patch

All patches are rebased using rewrite-kernel-patches and kernel config is rebased using rewrite-kernel-config commands

How Has This Been Tested?

Please describe the tests that you ran to verify your changes. Please also note any relevant details for your test configuration.

• [ ] Both sunxi and sunxi64 edge kernel compiles fine. On device testing is still work in progress

Checklist:

• [ ] My code follows the style guidelines of this project
  • [ ] I have performed a self-review of my own code
  • [ ] I have commented my code, particularly in hard-to-understand areas
  • [ ] I have made corresponding changes to the documentation
  • [X] My changes generate no new warnings
  • [ ] Any dependent changes have been merged and published in downstream modules

View the full article

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines